Monday, March 19, 2012

Wings, CCHA, Poo-face Pettitte

Again, super busy with work but here is an update entry:

Wings
   Well... at least they got a powerplay goal this Monday night against the Caps and almost had a comeback. 

Washington Capitals 5 - Detroit Red Wings 3, final.

CCHA 2012 at the Joe: Western Michigan University vs. University of Michigan
   On a happier note in hockey: I attended the 2012 CCHA Championship at the Joe Louis Arena. Never has a hockey game been so hot-- literally. It was about 80 degrees in that place. Granted I was in the student section of Western and they were intense group of fans. Which I have to say, was actually really nice. I have been to games of any sport where the people spend more time participating in chants and trash-talking than on watching the game. I love the whole "team spirit" but sometimes there's a limit. But Western did good. I enjoyed the game (went a Western vs. Central football game a while back and it was also a nice atmosphere for someone who wasn't affiliated with a team).
   Sadly, I was only able to see the final game that evening due to work. But it was certainly worth skipping dinner and running down to the Joe as fast as I can. Both teams are respectable but Western certainly outplayed Michigan for most of the game. DeKeyser, specifically, is a pretty rounded defenseman. No wonder he was named MVP. Just found out he is from Michigan (heck yes!).
   I'm just thankful that Western won, since my friend invited me to the student section. Man, that place would have rioted if they lost. I also was just happy that both teams in the finals were from Michigan.
Here are some pictures...
 











Good job, and good luck in the NCAA, Broncos!

University of Michigan 2 - Western Michigan University 3, final.

Poo-face Pettitte
   Andy Pettitte decides to un-retire and go back to being a full-time jerk in the world of baseball-- of course he joins the Yankees.


This upsets me. -- Why? Here's why:
AP Photo/Charles Krupa
from ESPN
   I could easily go on the rant of why steroids in sports is bad and everyone who took them should be highly ashamed and basically not play anymore. That's how I feel. But the thing that really grinds my gears is how Pettitte and Clemens handled the situation. Instead of owning up and taking responsibility, they both continued to tell lies and claim they were falsely accused. Let alone, Pettitte and his stupid "mis-remembered" comment. Andy, if you want kids to look up to you, stop taking steroids, stop lying, and stop using crappy English grammar. Idiot.
Picture Credit: 20th Century Fox
And we thought the clucking was the worst
Clemens would ever have to encounter.
   I don't care how good Pettitte is as pitcher. I don't like the guy because he is everything wrong with the game. The whole "going-in-and-out" of retirement makes me wonder why he left in the first place. To me, it's a way to retire and get a big hype and come back. You got lazy for a year or two and decide you want to be back in the lime-light once again. It's like Clemens again. He retires and then comes back but has the crazy-arse demands of getting his own jet, not having to be at the game when he doesn't pitch. So why did you come back, Clemens? A real baseball player would stick through all 162 games a season with his team. You don't get special treatment because you did hella good on steroids a have the nickname, "The Rocket". Now Pettitte is just following in his footsteps.
   Gahh, I can't talk about this anymore. It truly frustrates me. 

   Andy Pettitte, I don't care if it's just a minor league contract-- I hate you. I hate you so much, you lying, cheating, egoistical, sack of crap. I don't "misremember" or forgive you for your past. Stay retired because you do nothing but ruin baseball. Go step on a Lego, Sir.



And on a happier note of baseball:
17 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment