Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wings Powerless, Corktown Race

Well, I haven't been posting due to the lack of being able to watch the games and honestly, writing about losing and crummy powerplay gets boring fast.


Wings lose to the Kings
   To sum it all up, Zetterberg said a swear.

It would have been nice to win in front of Tom Hanks and Gretzky, but... but I can't keep repeating myself. If you watched the game, you know what went wrong. Quincy's reaction to the empty netter was the same look on every Wings fan that was watching the game.
*sigh*

 0 - 4

... although, I liked hearing "Benny and the Jets" on organ. I was NEW AGE FUN with a VINTAGE FEEL...

Detroit Red Wings 2 - LA Kings 5, final.


Detroit Corktown Race 2012
   On happier note -as if people care-, I ran my second 5K run this past weekend! I even shaved nine minutes off my previous time. So that either means I have improved significantly since January... or I was just real crummy to begin. Just a few more minutes less, and I can then call myself a below average but reputable runner! The event was nicely organized; some of the vendors at the race sold veggie-dogs and we got free beer at the end just like the Tour-de-Troit bike ride. My friend who ran with me also improved his time and we both medaled-- although, so did everyone who finished in the first 7,000. Here are some of the pictures of the race and the parade that followed:

-2012 Corktown Race followed by St. Patrick's Day Parade in Detroit-
Clearly I had separation anxiety with the medal.

   The weather was lovely, atmosphere was nice, and the beer was free. You can say is was a good day.




---> 22 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment